Training, Job Placement & Resources
The West Central Works team is local to West Central Wisconsin. We’re your neighbors, and we want to help you succeed. Whether you are a student looking to intern, a stay-at-home mom who needs to go back to school or work, or a part-time or laid off worker seeking full-time employment, we can help.
Every person and every situation is unique. We get that. And that’s why we want to get to know you, learn about your goals, and help you to create a plan to achieve them. Contact us or visit your local Job Center to discover how West Central Works can get you there faster.
Were you not selected by an employer because of a lack of training? Were you forced to quit your current job because of a disability, lack of childcare, or housing? West Central Works can help. We are the local hub for worker support and have access to federal grant funds that you can utilize.
How Can West Central Works Help Me?
The Wisconsin Workforce Development system has a lot of programs, and it’s challenging to know which program will help you the most. We get it, so we want to speak with you to discuss your needs. Working with the government shouldn’t be complicated, and with our team - it’s not!
We can help you to:
- Find a new job
- Explore careers
- Find and pay for skills training
- Finish your education after a gap caused by working, having a baby, an illness, etc.
- Get access to computers and tools
- Write a resume and prepare for interviews
- Overcome barriers to working like a lack of childcare or housing
- You can also attend Hiring Events happening across West Central Wisconsin.